The Housing Scholarship Program (HSP) gives you a chance to make a big leap in reaching your long term goals of finishing your education or working your way to a better job so that you can pay for housing yourself. If you are selected to be in the Housing Scholarship Program (HSP), we find you an apartment and The Learning Web pays your rent and utilities for 12 months, allowing you to concentrate on finishing school or working towards a better job rather than struggling to pay your rent to keep your housing. If you make full use of your time in the HSP, you will build the skills to be able to pay for your own housing, as well as have significant savings to put towards safe and permanent housing.
Applying: If you are working with the Youth Outreach Program you can apply to participate in our Housing Scholarship Program. New applicants are accepted in the HSP when one of our 15 apartments is available.
Our Commitment to You:
- The Learning Web will pay the security deposit, monthly rent and utility charges for your apartment for 12 months while you are in good standing in the HSP.
- The Learning Web will pay for basic household furniture and supplies to set up your apartment.
- Learning Web Youth Outreach Case Managers will support you as you work towards your goals by providing you with information, training, and activities that will help you build the skills you need to reach your goals. The Youth Outreach Job Coach will assist you in finding and keeping a career path job and completing or continuing your education.
Your commitment to the Housing Scholarship Program:
- You must either:
- be in an educational or vocational program full time. OR
- employed for at least 30 hours per week.
- be attending school part time and employed part time.
- You will meet regularly with your case manager, with one meeting per week in your apartment.
- You will meet with the Job Coach to work on your Education & Career Plan.
- You will create individual goals with steps that you will take to reach your goals
- You will contribute regularly to a savings account.
- You will follow the Code of Conduct outlined in the HSP Manual.
If this program appeals to you, please contact your Youth Outreach Case Manager to find out more about the application process.